Several entrepreneurs and investors around the world prefer investing in the Thai food industry. The main reason behind this is the great flux of tourists and businessmen that keep on visiting Thailand several times a year. If you are also willing to set up a restaurant business in Thailand, there are so many important points that you may need to keep in mind.
The great news about doing company registration Thailand is that the local government extends reliable support to the local as well as foreign investors to help them execute their business objectives. You can take help from local law agencies and government officers to handle all the documentary formalities as per the latest guidelines of the Thai government.
Main provisions for restaurant functioning in Thailand:
As a restaurant owner in Thailand, you may first need to be aware of the specific rules about consumer protection and food safety guidelines. These aspects may help you ensure desired quality at your restaurant so that you can serve more people with higher satisfaction rates. It is better to learn about the local regulations to attract audience interest in your business. At the same time, you can consider using social media channels for marketing your products and services to a larger number of people.
Thailand's government has set up very precise and clear food laws and they require special attention from the restaurant owner. The secretary-general in the department of food and drug administration is the main person who is responsible for controlling as well as granting essential functionality to the restaurant. In order to avail of further assistance, you can easily consult the local support agencies in Thailand.
Steps for setting up a restaurant business in Thailand:
Whether you are opening a restaurant in Thailand as a local investor or a foreigner investor, the steps to get things done are almost similar. For foreign investors, it is important to meet some specific visa requirements and then you can follow the below-mentioned common steps:
• Look for a suitable location to set up your restaurant business. While finalizing this geographical element, make sure that the area has access to a higher number of clients, including local audience and tourists as well.
• The next task is to choose the best structure for your business that may be further utilized to handle the incorporation-related papers. You can take help from local agencies to handle this step with ease.
• It is necessary to appoint a director for your business. As per the latest Thai regulations, it is compulsory to appoint a local director.
• Now you have to move to the companies register to register your restaurant business with the local government. At the same time, you may need to complete formalities with the tax authorities in the country.
• It is time to start applying for the licensing procedures that may be useful for obtaining various licenses and permits to start operations.
• If you are planning to hire any foreign workers at your restaurant, you may need to apply for employment visas.
Now you have gone through all the essential steps to handle the restaurant business in Thailand. It is the right time to go ahead with your dream business plan.